my season has come

7/31/2014 08:31:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Summer is here! Yes. For about a few weeks now. Count on me to be late on everything.

I am alive. Yes. I am very much alive and breathing.

I have fallen off the face of the blogosphere, but I have crawled my way back amidst renewing blog domains. Again. Hard to believe this blog is two years old and all I've posted are about... thirty entries.

Like many other posts I have put up in past. I'm really kicking myself here. I put up such a good blogging streak throughout March and April and I started to taper off by May. Damn. Why can't I keep this up?

I do admit though that the past couple months, I haven't been at my best. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally. I may just be in the struggle of actually finding myself, as cliché as that may sound. I avoid clichés like the next cat-calling douche, but somehow this applied to me in some of the most eye-opening ways possible. I'll save the details for another post. I'm almost beyond the quarter life, and although there are some cringe-worthy moments I want to forget, there are some times that made me reflect back to improve myself. Ok, enough with the Thought Catalogue talk.

I was stuck in a rut for a while, feeling my lowest, hating everything, cursing the masses, and my birth control pills weren't the most helpful during those times (I switched pills and felt much better). TMI. I still hate people (obnoxious teenagers, girls who showcase their asses with their buttcheek-exposing shorts to people who don't really want to see their butt, people who smoke while walking, people who smoke in bus stops, people who walk slow but won't let me pass, groups of people who walk slow but occupy the whole sidewalk so no one can pass, people who litter, people who waste water, people who take for granted their privileges for living in a first world country...to name a few) but I'm doing my darndest to see things in a better light... or how to ignore them in the fastest and least stressful way possible.

The past two months threw me off my grid alignment, too. My desktop decided to crash just before my warranty expired, so I saved on some repairs, although they had to completely install a new Windows so it wasn't completely free. But hey, money saved is...money saved. My sister's in-laws dropped by for a visit around mid June for about two weeks. Charming parents, they were, but of course, we had to show them around town since it was their first time in BC. One Saturday we went to Butchart Gardens, a.k.a. Senior's Paradise, in Victoria, BC. All I can say is that I didn't want to see another flower for the next 48 hours. I am not in the right age to appreciate flora just yet. I do enjoy nature but... I'll save the flower love when I've worked off all my adrenaline on more fun stuff.

And just a few days after that, my grandparents and aunt from Arizona visited us and we did the whole showing them around town bit all over again. So that was quite the hectic four weeks.

But enough with the excuses! I usually go on a blogging high when I'm on vacation, but my next one is in September, so it's a feat to be blogging again. I have some things that I'm willing to blog about for the next few future entries. I'm really going to start thinking of blogging as stress release instead of going on Facebook all day. Wasn't I complaining about that in a previous post? Really trying to get back onto the track of things here, so bear with me!

Oh, and to anyone who has noticed, new layout! :D

<3

0 comments: