some spooky stuff | silent hills pt

10/31/2014 11:55:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

Or better titled as why I torture myself with scary shit.

It's the last week of October, and Halloween is in high gear. I did not grow up in a country that celebrates Halloween with costumes, so I didn't really feel the need to dress up. And it's not my thing.

From where I did grow up though, spooky and supernatural stories are generously shared during this time of year. And one of the things that caused me to keep my lights on at night lately is the Silent Hills Playable Teaser, exclusively for Playstation 4.


Yes, that is indeed Norman Reedus from Walking Dead. And a damn realistic CGI animation of Norman Reedus, in my opinion.

This is only a playable teaser, meaning it's not the full version of the game, with the full release still TBA.

If you get scared easily, or if visions stick to your mind and make it hard for you to go pee at night, then don't even think about playing this game. Or watch anything related to it.

Early this month, my friends and I watched Annabelle in the theater and Jonathan, the friend who introduced me to the wonderful world of mechanical keyboards, was talking about how he was scared shit of this game. He's been talking about it for a while, actually, and said that no matter how many times he played the game, it still scares him.

And just for kicks, I suggested while eating after the movie, that we go over to his place and watch him play it.

Well. I was in for some scary bathroom trips at night.

At the beginning of the game, you wake up in a room greeted by a cockroach. Charming. And you make your way out the door. You then enter this dilapidated hallway, with a radio announcement as your background. The guy talking on the radio says that a man killed his son, and his pregnant wife named Lisa. You see lots of seemingly disorganized memorabilia, like ripped photographs and destroyed picture frames.

You are in an L-shaped hallway, and the objective is to get out of that hallway, because, apparently, that hallway is in Lisa's house. Plot twist! Not.

It's the kind of game that you basically won't know what you're doing, or what you specifically did to make something happen. The first thing you have to do is complete this photograph on the wall, and after which you make this... baby, laugh three times. Only then will the main door open to the outside, which is just as bad as being inside anyway, since the city is a ghost town. You know, Silent Hill setting.

It is so mind tripping because the door at the end of the hallway just sends you back to your starting point, and when you do get back to where you were, something weird will have changed. I hate loop maps. The lights could suddenly turn red, the digital clock won't chime midnight, the bathroom door will open, or you  might see anything in this video:



If that did not give you a scare, I don't know what's wrong with you.

I myself didn't play the game, but I did watch my other friend play it, and I could not, for the life of me, manage to watch the screen for more than a minute. This is not for the faint of heart, I am telling you.

I also haven't played any of the other versions of Silent Hill, because I'm too much of a chicken and I would like to keep it that way.

And another thing that greatly contributed to the scare factor of this is that the graphics of the PS4 made it so seamless and realistic. If you have a PS4, or seen the graphics of the PS4 then you will know what I'm talking about. It's not the boxy 3D animation before. And imagine playing it on that gear you put over your head to make the experience a very realistic first person. That will just make me hold my pee at night til I develop kidney stones.

Needless to say, I have forgotten all about the scary movie I just watched beforehand. It was that creepy. And I didn't even watch the whole gameplay.

This I think is free on the Playstation store, so if you ever plan on playing or purchasing this when it comes out, I say best of luck to you and your bladder.

But on a brighter note, I did get this in my email a few days ago.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. I have seen that teaser. Thankfully I don't pee as much in the evening. :))

    On the otherhand, yay pokemon! :)

    ReplyDelete