the beauty that is my corsair vengeance k70

10/28/2014 12:03:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

I just want to briefly talk about this new plaything that has been keeping me type-happy these past couple weeks, and that is my super awesome Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry Red mechanical gaming keyboard!!!


Not the best photo, I know, but trust me, I really tried. Specially when it's a crappy iPhone 4S.

This is my first mechanical keyboard, and I really didn't even know about the different types of keyboard (in terms of model) until I visited my friend Jonathan. He's one of my more game-oriented friends and we were playing Silent Hills on his PS4 and he was chatting with our other friend for tips on how to get past that dreaded hallway.

Needless to say I tried out his keyboard on his throne that is his gaming hub. You know how some guys can get very particular about their computers, more often they'll spend more on their toys than say, a decent haircut. One of the many more mysteries about guys today that I might just never be able to fathom.

I fell in love with his mechanical keyboard. I do a lot of typing and data entry in my workplace, and you know how companies like to penny-pinch on their supplies. My work is definitely no exception, so you can tell how smooth it felt when I was typing on my friend's keyboard. He had a different model than mine, but I believe it was also a Corsair.

Having been used to membrane keyboards all my life, and being particularly happy when I first learned how to type properly (not looking at the keys and only using my pointer finger), I really enjoyed the feel of it. 

I liked how I didn't have to press the keys all the way through and has this really nice soft click when I type. I have the Cherry Red, which doesn't have that much of an audible click, compared to the Cherry Blue. Kinda helps when I play at night or do a lot of typing since my grandmother is sleeping in the room across the hall from mine. But I just really like the feel of the red, anyway.

It also has some light and sound controls, which is convenient.



Also, my old Logitech keyboard, the G110, always sticks when I play Maplestory (I have then since revived my characters) and I have died several times with that old keyboard, which is a pain and a definite major annoyance, so you can tell how much I wanted to get rid of that.

Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase, although it costs at least more than double your standard keyboard, but the investment is well worth it.

You can learn more about mechanical keyboards here, and you can buy the keyboard that I have here. Learn more about the Corsair K70 series on the Corsair website.

The right keyboard makes a lot of typing difference, which kinda makes me want to blog more often than I've already been doing, which is a plus!

1 comment:

  1. Mechanical for the win!

    I have my eyes on the Razer Blackwidow Chroma.

    ReplyDelete